Do you want to make a difference in the lives of the thousands of pets that come into Animal Services every year? Join our lifesaving volunteer program today—we are looking for new volunteers to assist with our Shelter and Offsite Adoption programs.
ATTENDING THE ORIENTATION
Please bring a photo ID when you attend the orientation. Text Rose at 487-7596 when you arrive, and if you arrive late, please reschedule. Volunteer applications will be available at the orientation, and there is no cost to join the VIP Volunteer program.
DRESS CODE: For your safety and the safety of our pets, no shorts, no yoga pants, no leggings, no heels, no dresses, no dress boots, and no opened-toed shoes. There is a possibility of getting wet, so please make sure you dress appropriately.
Adoption Volunteers should be:
- Must be at least 14 years old, 14-17-year-olds must volunteer with a parent or guardian who will also become a volunteer. Parents or guardians must be present at all times, including the orientation and other required trainings.
- 17 years old and must be able to complete a background check
- Have great customer service
- Must love and enjoy being around dogs
- Available to volunteer any day between the hours of 2 and 6 pm, or on Thursdays or Saturdays anytime between the hours of 11 am and 6 pm.
There is no requirement to register. You will schedule a Basic Animal Handling Training and Dog Walking Class during your orientation, which you will need to attend before handling animals.
Want to learn more about our volunteer program? Visit our Volunteer page!