Do you want to make a difference in the lives of the thousands of pets that come into Animal Services every year? Join our lifesaving volunteer program today—our Enrichment Program is looking for new members to help enrich our shelter pets’ lives!
ATTENDING THE ORIENTATION
Please bring a photo ID when you attend the orientation. Text Rose at 487-7596 when you arrive, and if you arrive late, please reschedule. Volunteer applications will be available at the orientation, and there is no cost to join the VIP Volunteer program.
DRESS CODE: For your safety and the safety of our pets, no shorts, no yoga pants, no leggings, no heels, no dresses, no dress boots, and no opened-toed shoes. There is a possibility of getting wet, so please make sure you dress appropriately.
Enrichment Volunteers should be:
- 17 years old and must be able to complete a background check
- 14-17 years old must volunteer with a parent or guardian that will also become a volunteer
- Have great customer service
- Must love and enjoy being around dogs
- Available to volunteer any time between Sunday – Thursday from 2 – 4 pm
You will schedule a Basic Animal Handling Training and Dog Walking Class during your orientation, which you will need to attend before handling animals.
Want to learn more about our volunteer program? Visit our Volunteer page!