El Paso Animal Services has teamed up with the Parks and Recreation department to host a series of Bite Prevention and Pet Safety classes for children and adults:
- The majority of dog bites sadly happen with children in a home setting and are preventable!
- It’s important to remember that a dog’s breed does not determine whether or not it will bite, but rather their individual history and behavior.
- By learning to read dog body language so you can recognize your dog’s emotional state and understand what they are trying to say to you.
- We have multiple classes throughout the month of October at various Recreation Centers throughout El Paso for children as young as 5 years old and even for adults too!
- These informative and hands on sessions will teach pet owners and animal lovers how to prevent bites from happening to keep your pets, friends, and family safe.
- Visit our calendar to view our upcoming events.